1. Please view for reference
In medical settings such as a hospital, a Social Worker is often involved as part of the interdisciplinary team. A Social Worker may be asked to be present to provide support to the patient or family in discussing diagnoses, prognosis, or end-of-life issues. A Social Worker may also be needed to support the family when the death of the patient is imminent and after the loss of their loved one.
After reviewing the video, please submit a 1–2-page paper including the following:
- What are your thoughts after reviewing the video?
- How might you respond when finding out a client has a terminal illness and facing death?
- How comfortable are you in discussing grief, loss, and end-of-life issues?
The paper should be approximately 2 pages and include high-quality writing. Please include a title page and double-check all spelling and grammar before submitting. Also, please make sure to cite all relevant information and include references as appropriate.
2. Thomas is an 85-year-old, Caucasian male who has been admitted to the hospital for the past two weeks related to his end-stage kidney disease. Thomas’ medical doctor has requested you as the Social Worker be present as he discusses the end-of-life planning with the patient and his family. Thomas has stated he no longer wishes to continue with dialysis though his family has tried to encourage him to continue as they don’t want him to die.
For this assignment, please complete a 1–2-page paper and discuss what information you would need to know about palliative and hospice care, as well as end-of-life issues in working with this patient and family. How would you support the patient and family during this time?
The paper should be approximately 1-2 pages and include high-quality writing. Please include a title page and double-check all spelling and grammar before submitting. Also, please make sure to cite all relevant information and include references as appropriate.