1.The three types of qualitative research are
phenomenological, grounded theory, and ethnographic research. What are the
differences and similarities between two of the three types of studies?
2. What is sampling theory? Describe it and provide examples to
illustrate your definition. Discuss generalizability as it applies to nursing
3. Extraneous variables may have an influence on the dependent
variable. In what ways do researchers attempt to control extraneous variables?
Support your answer with current literature.
4. Describe the levels of evidence and
provide an example of the type of practice change that could result from each
5. The theoretical foundations of qualitative and quantitative
methods are very different, but many researchers believe both methods should be
used in the research study to increase validity and reliability. What
advantages or disadvantages do you see in using both types of methods in a
nursing study? Support your answer with current evidence-based literature.
6. According to the textbook, nurses in various settings are
adopting a research-based (or evidence-based) practice that incorporates
research findings into their decisions and interaction with clients. How do you
see this being applied in your workplace?