In today’s lodging Industry, there are a wide range of great hotel / motel brands that work tirelessly to deliver their products and services to the customer segments they serve.
For this assignment, you are going to choose one (1) major hotel/motel brand (global brand, regional brand, or boutique brand) and conduct an in-depth research study. This could be a brand you currently work for, a brand you want to work for one day, and a brand you are interested in learning more about.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief overview of the brand including an overview of its parent company (if applicable), age of the brand and a brief history, number of properties, average number rooms per property, an overview of the brand hallmarks, an overview of the guest loyalty program, and most recent hotel brand performance metrics (i.e., annual ADR, Occ%, RevPAR, and competitive market metrics).
- Determine the brand organizational restructure for their properties, the role / responsibilities for each position, and whether this is the optimal structure for the brand.
- Analyze the portfolio of hotel brands and the different level of services that the parent company offers and determine whether this is the optimal level of brands and services provided. Explain your rationale.
- Analyze the marketing and customer rewards system used by this brand and determine if this is the optimal marketing system to allow for repeat customer reservations and brand loyalty. Explain your rationale.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.