What’s In It For Me?
Tim Trainer is asked to create a fun training environment. The business leader wants the employees to enjoy their working life and make sure that they feel fulfilled and rewarded at the after a training experience — the key to improved performance. In order to do so, Tim thought it was important to survey them and find out what a “fun” training is and to use this knowledge to develop a plan and implement an effective strategy. Unfortunately for Tim, the business leader chose to go on what he believed would create a fun and engaging training. He built a large training room with all the latest tech gadgets and cool ways of interacting with information, the training was held, but the performance didn’t improve. Tim then suggested that they go back to assess the situation and learn about the WIIFM for the employees and what delivering for application meant to them.
It uncovered a quite different story, the employees wanted:
- To feel valued and that they are recognized for a job well done.
- To make a difference for others
- To have the opportunity to learn and grow through education and experiences
- To have good balance among their professional and personal responsibilities
- To be included and to be able to be appreciated for diverse thought, and
- At the end of the day, feel satisfied, fulfilled, and enjoy what they do.
After knowing what the WIIFM is for the employees what are your suggestions for Tim? Remember to use limitations of memory, cognitive overload and diminished learning when answering the “Why?” for the learner.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 1,250 – 1,750 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link).
Download an example here.
|Grading Criteria Assignments||Maximum Points|
|Meets or exceeds established assignment criteria||40|
|Demonstrates an understanding of lesson concepts||20|
|Clearly presents well-reasoned ideas and concepts||30|
|Uses proper mechanics, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling||10|