The Assignment: Your goal is to construct the annotated bibliography by drafting three annotations with citations. Specific instructions for completing the assignment are provided below.
- At least three credible sources on the argumentative essay topic>> “At what age should you legally be allowed to drink?”
Acceptable Length: All three annotations must include
- a full citation for the piece being annotated.
- A great resource for citation models is “The OWL at Purdue’s MLA Formatting and Style Guide”.
- one paragraph describing the Evaluation Criteria Steps 1-4 (located below in “specific guidelines”)
- one paragraph describing the source’s usefulness in your Argument Essay
- a total about 150 words (both paragraphs combined).
- Much less and you risk of including enough detail to be useful.
- Much more and you risk negating the usefulness of the annotated bibliography as a quick reference.
- Follow these guidelines to the best of your ability.
- STEP (1) Choose three credible sources for argumentative essay topic above.
- Use at least one internet source and at least one peer reviewed source.
- STEP (2) Create a full, correct MLA Style citation for each source.
- STEP (3) Answer the following questions about your source. If you do not know an answer to a question, write that the information is missing.
- Who wrote the article?
- What education and experience does the author have to qualify him or her to write about this subject?
- What organization owns the web page?
- Is the information up-to-date? How do you know?
- Does the article contain an unfair bias? Why or why not?
- Who is the target audience for the article (general public, students, experts)?
- Was the article meant to simply present information or convince the readers to do something or change their perspective?
- Does this article have a low, medium, or high level of credibility? Explain your choice by referring to the answers to the above questions.
- STEP (4) Add a second paragraph describing the source’s usefulness for your argument paper.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for the remainder of your sources. See below for grading criteria>>
- To get reviewed the Annotated Bibliography should be:
- at least 500 words on the assigned topic.
- a minimum of six paragraphs (two per annotation).
- in MLA Format
- your original work. The purpose of using outside sources is to support your ideas, not to provide the actual content of your paper.