Dear Students about the book
review assignment based on:
Napoleon A. Chagnon (2012). The Yanomamo. Brownstown: Wadsworth
Publishing; 6 edition.
In one to two page, double spaced write a book review, please briefly
(shortly, succinctly) answer the following six questions:
1) What is the book about?
2) What are the central themes of the ethnography? (List at least 4).
3) What is Chagnon’s main thesis?
4) Name at least two Yanomamos’ seemingly exotic cultural practices described
5) Who are the main characters or protagonists in the ethnography?
6) What is the importance of the book?
IMPORTANT: Please keep in mind
that a book review is not a book report. A book report is merely a summary of the contents of the book, with
no analysis or thoughtful opinions. Unlike a book report, a book review is critical. It provides a critical analysis of the ideas being
discussed and presented by the author.
Except for the references and quotations over two lines long, the paper must be typed
(or printed from a computer), double spaced, and single sided with a 2-3 cm margin on
I can’t upload the pdf of the book here because the file is too big, I will send you later.