Application: Creating an Annotated Bibliography
Annotated bibliographies are an effective tool used in the research of a particular topic or issue related to crime, criminals, or the criminal justice system in general. Creating an annotated bibliography forces you to read widely on a topic and begin to evaluate the quality of the research you are sifting through. While time consuming, a high-quality annotated bibliography can cut back on the amount of total time needed to write a report or article. It can also significantly improve the quality of the report or article. One of the key ways to create a high-quality annotated bibliography is through practice and repetition.
For this Assignment, examine the main steps needed to create an annotated bibliography and the type of material that should be included. Then select a criminal justice topic to use for this assignment. Finally, select five resources that pertain to that criminal justice topic.
The Assignment (2–3 pages)
- Describe the criminal justice topic you selected
- Provide a brief summary of the five resources you selected
- Explain why the resources you selected are most relevant to the criminal justice topic you selected
- Create an Annotated Bibliography for each of the five resources you selected
- Be sure to use proper APA formatting
- Johnson, W. A., Rettig, R. P., Scott, G. M., & Garrison, S. M. (2015). The criminal justice student writer’s manual (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 10, “Annotated Bibliographies”
Two to three pages with at least three references….
It is important that you cover all the topics identified in the assignment. Covering the topic does not mean mentioning the topic BUT presenting an explanation from the readings.
To get maximum points you need to follow the requirements listed for this assignments 1) look at the page limits 2) review and follow APA rules 3) create SUBHEADINGS to identify the key sections you are presenting and 4) Free from typographical and sentence construction errors.
REMEMBER IN APA FORMAT JOURNAL TITLES AND VOLUME NUMBERS ARE ITALICIZED.
MULTIPLE USE OF INTEXT CITATION