Please answer the following questions in complete sentences. Use pages 73-86 to answer them. https://edu.americanhighschool.org/cdn/uploads/PDF…
- Identify distinguishing traits of most arthropods.
- What is molting? Why does it occur?
- Name three arthropod head appendages and state their functions.
- Describe two structures that allow arthropods to breathe air.
- Assume you see a “bug” crawling over the ground. It has two body
segments and lacks antennae. Which arthropod subphylum does the “bug”
belong to? Explain your answer.
- List several traits that characterize insects.
- State two important advantages of ﬂight in insects.
- Give examples of insect behavior.
- Present facts and a logical argument to support the following statement: “Insects dominate life on Earth.”
- Relate form to function in the mouthparts of insects.
- Explain why distinctive life stages and metamorphosis are adaptive.