As a culminating task for this course, reflect on your own beliefs, expectations, and practices.
- How can I use questions more effectively in my lesson plans?
- How much wait time do I provide for students in class?
- What do I do to create a safe environment for student questioning?
- Do I consider the individual needs of my students when I ask questions in the classroom?
- What strategies to refocus or clarify do I currently employ in the classroom?
- What new questioning strategy will I try in the classroom?
- How can I challenge students, rather than just telling them information?
- How can I effectively teach my students to think about their own thinking?