As a culminating task for this course, reflect on your own beliefs, expectations, and practices.
- What do I know about my school’s policies on discipline and restorative practices? Are my actions consistent with them?
- What activities do I regularly employ to build relationships and trust with my students? What can I add?
- How effective am I at setting structure for my students? How often do I include activities that support this?
- What types of formative assessment should I be using regularly to support a restorative classroom culture?
- What are the protocols for learning I regularly employ? Are they effective?
- How does my leadership style show respect and support for my students?
- How often do I do things with students, as opposed to doing things to them or for them? What steps can I take to proportionally increase this?