As an instructor in higher education, you will need to learn how to build relationships with students in both traditional and online learning environments.
Record a 3-5 minute TED talk-style video on building relationships in higher education. Include the following:
- Explain the importance of building trusting relationships between instructor and student in higher education.
- Describe best practices for building relationships and rapport with learners in your classes.
- Discuss how you will learn the needs and interests of adult learners.
- Explain how you will address student viewpoints that differ from your own.
- Describe how you can apply the Christian worldview by supporting culture and diversity in your classroom.
Support your findings with 2-3 scholarly resources.
Use an online video platform such as Loom or YouTube to upload your completed video.
Remember that video and audio quality are important and should be taken into consideration. Ensure your video is filmed with sufficient lighting and that the volume is adequate for viewers to hear. Intonation, expression, proper speech, and professional attire are expected.
Submit the video link and scholarly resources in a Word document. Ensure that others can access and view the link to your video prior to submission.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.