Use the Internet and the Strayer database to research a company that does
both domestic and international business. Review the company’s profile, target
demographics and market, human resource strategies, and human resource
challenges. You will use this information to examine the human resource
challenges that the company faces and to suggest one (1) human resource strategy
that could improve the company’s competitive edge.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the organization overall, its primary purpose, the customers that it
serves, and its size.
- Examine the common HR challenges that the organization currently faces
(e.g., high turn-over, low wages, lack of skilled workers, etc.).
- Determine the primary ways in which the international status of the
organization influences these common HR challenges.
- Recommend one (1) HR strategy from Week 4 that you would implement in order
to overcome the common challenges assessed. Justify your recommendation.
- Predict the degree of effectiveness of your recommended strategy in making
the organization more competitive and more productive. Provide a rationale to
justify your predictions.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Explain the human resource management process, its role in supporting the
overall organizational strategies, and the various functions involved in human
- Analyze business strategy to identify human resource requirements and
formulate supporting HRM plans that can improve productivity and contribute to
the firm’s competitiveness.
- Summarize and explain the primary considerations impacting human resource
management in support of international operations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper