This project gives you the opportunity to review what you’ve learned throughout the
semester and present a range of topics in the form of a policy that describes how participants
can join your business network, and the benefits of doing so. The overall purpose of your policy
should be to create interest in your business network and its applications, along with a
description of the onboarding process and ongoing benefits to members.
Create a membership policy that describes the benefits and requirements of membership in
your Letter of Credit business network. Your policy should be no less than 1000 words.
Your policy should include the following:
1) Purpose statement of the Letter of Credit business network
2) Description of the current (base) network (participants and functionality)
3) Brief description of upcoming features in the next quarterly release. (Be creative, but
realistic here. Think about what the existing Letter of Credit application does, and what
features you’d like to add that would increase the application’s usefulness and value.
Analyzing current functionality and determining which features would best meet
business needs will be a big part of assessing this assignment.)
4) Description of application upgrade process that may impact application availability and
member business processes. (i.e. How does the business network organization plan to
deploy new software features without causing substantial service interrruptions?)
5) List of rights and benefits for participants (how does each member benefit and what
data/services are available for each member)
6) Membership requirements for new members (minimum security requirements,
approval process, decision making rules and authorities, minimum required agreements
that new members must accept and agree to)
7) Description of fees for participation and service access
8) Minimum member resource contributions to the business network
9) Process for ending participation in the business network
10) Process for resolving disputes, including appealing the outcome of a resolved dispute.
11) Course of action to initiate an application for membership
Background content for items 1 and 2 will come from your text. Other items will be a
combination of content from your text and extrapolation based on what you’ve learned this
semester. Pay careful attention to #3. That one requires that you carefully consider how
enhancing the application can help it better align with member (and prospective member)
business goals. The purpose of this project is to digest the material you’ve learned throughout
this semester into a white paper that could be used to recruit potential business network
members, as well as provide details of the rights and responsibilities of business network
Your policy document should present a clear and concise description of the benefits of being a
business network member, why blockchain technology provides superior benefits to solutions
based on other technologies, and the onboarding process and expectations once membership is
approved. The overall goal is to give you an opportunity to demonstrate that you understand
how this example blockchain technology use case implementation aligns with existing, and
prospective, member business goals.