Case Analysis: Tesla Motors: Disrupting the Auto Industry
the case, “Tesla Motors: Disrupting the Auto Industry” on page 576-588
use the case analysis format provided below to address to identify the
problems and provide several suggested solutions that the Tesla Motors
executive team can review for possible implementation.
sure to identify “identify 2 to 3 problems” and “develop 2 to 3 possible
solutions to the problems identified”, and use this as the focus for
making your case in the case format. Note: The case questions provided
at the end of each case can be used as an insight to what the problems
might be; so be sure to investigate the case carefully.
I. Write the Executive Summary
- One to two paragraphs in length
- On cover page of the report
- Briefly identify the major problems facing the manager/key person
- Summarize the recommended plan of action and include a brief justification of the recommended plan
II. Statement of the Problem
- State the problems facing the manager/key person
- Identify and link the symptoms and root causes of the problems
- Differentiate short term from long term problems
- Conclude with the decision facing the manager/key person
III. Causes of the Problem
- Provide a detailed analysis of the problems; identify in the Statement of the Problem
- In the analysis, apply theories and models from the text and/or readings
- Support conclusions and /or assumptions with specific references to the case and/or the readings
IV. Decision Criteria and Alternative Solutions
criteria against which you evaluate alternative solutions (i.e. time
for implementation, tangible costs, acceptability to management)
- Include two or three possible alternative solutions
- Evaluate the pros and cons of each alternative against the criteria listed
- Suggest additional pros/cons if appropriate
V. Recommended Solution, Implementation and Justification
- Identify who, what, when, and how in your recommended plan of action
- Solution and implementation should address the problems and causes identified in the previous section
- The recommended plan should include a contingency plan(s) to back up the ‘ideal’ course of action
- Using models and theories, identify why you chose the recommended plan of action – why it’s the best and why it would work
VI. External Sourcing
to 3 external sources (in addition to your textbook) should be
referenced to back up your recommendations or to identify issues. This
information would be ideally sourced in current journals, magazines and
newspapers and should reflect current management thought or practice
with respect to the issues Identify.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
at least three references from outside the course material, one
reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other
materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the
three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data,
dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper
and list on a reference page in APA style.