NO PLAGIARISM, NO DIRECT COPYING AND PASTING FROM WEBSITES, NO WIKIPEDIA, ONLY ACADEMIC JOURNALS, 2000 WORDS,
Topic: Making sense of company executives’ compensation and employee benefits through the lens of cultural effects. How the conceptual framework revision to include PRUDENCE is likely to address the disparity in Corporate Reporting.
Task Details: Download the latest annual report of any TWO LISTED companies. Annual reports are available on the company website or ASX website. Those two listed companies must be from AUSTRALIA. The ASX website can be found on www.asx.edu.au or from the company website.
ANALYSE ANNUAL REPORTS of your chosen companies in light of the reporting requirements imposed on accountants and those charged with governance of corporations. Your analysis should include the following:
- Are the annual reports in compliance with the conceptual framework and AASB standard requirements?
- You need to use extracts from the annual reports to support your analysis.
- Provide screen shots of the relevant sections from the reports in your assignment.
- If they are not in compliance, explain the reason.
- How the conceptual framework revisio to include PRUDENCE is likely to address the disparity in Corporate Reporting
- You may find the explanations in the noes to the financial statements or in the Director’s Report.
- Compare and contrast he two annual reports, identify the differences in disclosures of these corporations.
- A critical analysis of the annual reports is required
- Students are to develop supported RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSIONS, in reference to the relevant accounting framework.
The analysis and supported recommendations need to be formatted into a professional report as would be expected in a modern organisation by management and clients.
Research requirements: Students need to support their analysis and recommendations with minimum of 10 recent and relevant ACADEMIC JOURNAL ARTICLES. Other sources may also be used but students need to be confident of the academic validity of such sources.
Presentation: Report ———- 2000 words ( The word count excludes the cover sheet, contents page, references, appendices and illustrations (e.g. diagrams, graphs and tables).
Students need to stay within the assigned word limits, and indicae the word count on the cover page of the assignment. Marks will be reduced for assignments shorter than or greater than the minimum word count.
The assignment should include the following parts:
(a) Cover Page
(b) Executive Summary
(c) Table of Contents
(d) Main Contents – Introduction, analysis usiing suitable headings and subheadings, Conclusions and Recommendations, Appendices (if any)
(e) References ( using Harvard referencing)
Marking Guide : Analysis >>> 30%
Research (Extent and Application) >>> 30%
Recommendations and Conclusions >>> 20%
Presentation >>> 30%