The SEC report serves as an executive summary and should be no more than two-three pages in length, single spaced, with one inch margins on all sides. Use ‘headers’ for sections such as Introduction, Inventory, Internal control, Accounts Receivable and Conclusions. You may have other sections as appropriate as well. Please double space between paragraphs. Make sure you finish the paper with a strong conclusion on why you like or dislike the company based on your findings and ratios that you compute. The paper is your opportunity to use accounting terms and concepts from our class and relate them to a company of interest to you. The paper is due in the 7th week and the presentation is due in the 6th week.
Do not forget the bibliography, all sources should be cited. Submit the paper as if the user is a CPA, do not define terms.
Take care to avoid academic dishonesty. Write your paper, read it, and edit. Use your own words. Explain the financial statements and other accounting related information. Use headings in your paper. APA style is required for citations and a reference list.
Additional guidance for your paper and resources:
- Page count does not include title page, tables and exhibits, table of contents, and works cited list
- Title page
- Bibliography or works cited (business classes use APA format)
- In text citations (business classes use APA format)
- Tables, and appendixes if you wish to copy and paste financial statements or materials you did not write
- Your paper should use one-inch margins on the left, right, top, and bottom of each page, and font set at 12 point.
- Take care to comply with the UMUC policy for academic honesty
- Write your paper, in your own words, using accounting words from our resources and explaining how these relate to the financial statements of your company