1. Describe three different forecasting applications at Hard Rock. Name three other
areas in which you think Hard Rock could use forecasting models.
2. What is the role of the POS system in forecasting at Hard Rock?
3. Justify the use of the weighing system used for evaluating managers for annual
4. Name several variables besides those mentioned in the case that could be used as
good predictors of daily sales in each café.
5. At Hard Rock’s Moscow restaurant, the manager is trying to evaluate how a new
advertising campaign affects guest counts. Using data for the past ten months,
develop a least squares regression relationship and then forecast the expected guest
count when advertising is $65,000.