A research lab uses acetone as a solvent for cleaning glassware. The spent solvent is consolidated for disposal. Is this disposal subject to RCRA subtitle C regulations
For this activity, watch the video: Cognitive Therapy Scenario. Use the information in the scenario to answer the following questions:
- What are the major assumptions of cognitive therapy? Explain several of its major concepts. Please select one or more concepts that other students have not already defined.
- Which specific cognitive distortions is Angela exemplifying?
- In your opinion, what is the best way for Dr. Collins to alleviate Angela’s anxiety?
- Can you complete a written version of Ellis’ ABCDE model, as Angela might (as instructed by Dr. Collins)?
- What are the major assumptions of behavioral therapy? With regard to Angela, how might a behavioral approach differ from a cognitive approach?
Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
- Describe at least two (2) career options someone with an accounting education can pursue. Be sure to reference sources such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Describe one (1) researched accounting position, and explain the essential skills that would make a candidate successful in the position. Articulate the primary manner in which the researched accounting positions could add value to the company seeking candidates.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Identify 3-4 key principles that govern human and animal behavior.
- Apply these principles to your own life. (e.g. How can you see them in daily life?)
- How do they enhance interactions between individuals and among societal groups?
The quest to fulfill our needs drives most of our behaviors. An emotion is a subjective feeling that is accompanied by physical and behavioral changes. Some emotions can feel better than others and some are more intense than others. Some examples of emotions include sadness, passion, love, disgust, pride, and anger. Did you know the complexity of our emotions is what separates humans from animals?
There are four major theories of emotions:
James Lange theory
Schachter’s two factor theory
Motivation is a set of factors that activate, direct, and maintain behavior, usually toward a goal. There are three categories of motivational theories: biological, psychosocial, and biopsychosocial.
- Instinct theories: Behavior is motivated by genetic survival.
- Drive reduction theory: Motivated behavior occurs as a mean to reduce physiological imbalances and return to homeostasis (a balanced state).
- Arousal theory: Organisms seek an optimal level of performance that maximizes their performance.
- Incentive theory: Our goals motivate us.
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs: Lists five categories of motivated behaviors from basic to most complex. Maslow believed that we must progressively work through each level of need to reach a higher state of being. Self-actualization is the ultimate level where we reach our full potential.
Extrinsic Versus Intrinsic
Motivation can come from two places: outside and inside. Motivation that comes from the outside is called extrinsic motivation, and motivation that comes from the inside is intrinsic motivation.
Intrinsic motivation fuels your interests and passions, and drives you to do the things that you really enjoy and allow you to grow as a person. Some examples of intrinsic motivation are:
- Getting your degree in something you love.
- Learning how to play the piano.
- Learning how to dance salsa.
Extrinsic motivation is fueled by outer rewards or threats of punishment, like buying a new outfit because you want to look good to others, earning a material reward, or studying because you don’t want to fail, not because you enjoy learning the material.
Lasting motivation only lasts when you feel it from inside (internally).
this is the right one.
Project: Final Project: Marketing Plan
Like other products and services, health care products and services must be marketed to potential consumers. To do this effectively, health care organizations must develop marketing plans. These plans provide organizations and their leaders with common goals for their products and services. Moreover, by relating the marketing plan to the mission, vision, and objectives of the organization, marketing plans become a tool in the strategic decision-making process. For the Final Project, you create a marketing plan for a health care organization.
the following case studies from the Learning Resources to be the focus of your Final Project
- Thrive or Revive? The Kaiser Permanente â€œThriveâ€ Marketing Program
Review the case study and consider how you might market the health care organization. For guidance on developing a marketing plan, refer to Chapter 15, â€œMarketing Planningâ€ in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
In a 20 pages marketing plan, address the following:
- State assumptions
- Gather initial information
- Audit the market
- Determine the marketing strategy and business communication standards to be used
- Assess due diligence (any operational, financial, or human resources requirements needed to implement the plan)
- Set marketing goals and objectives
- Describe any benchmarks from other competitors or industries
- Prioritize marketing objectives
- Specify marketing actions
- Explain any global marketing issues in the marketing plan
- Specify any limitations to implementing the plan
Then, create either a slide presentation OR executive summary to present to the facilityâ€™s leadership.
- The 10- to 12-slide presentation should include presenter notes of 100- to 150-words per slide. Your presentation should summarize and defend your marketing plan. Be sure to use best practices of business communication.
- The 2-page executive summary should summarize and defend your marketing plan. Be sure to use best practices of business communication.
Note: Your Final Project must be written in standard edited English. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this moduleâ€™s Learning Resources and at least 15 current scholarly sources. At least five resources should be from peer-reviewed journals. All references should be less than 5 years old. See the Final Project rubric for additional requirements related to research and scholarly writing.