In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competency:
- Analyze how staffing needs are determined for healthcare organizations
Crystal Creek is a long-term care facility located in Colorado that provides rehabilitative, restorative, and ongoing skilled nursing care to patients who need assistance with the activities of daily living, such as bathing, eating, and walking. Crystal Creek has a small team of skilled healthcare providers and nonclinical staff members.
You have recently been promoted to healthcare manager at the Crystal Creek long-term care facility. Leadership has asked you to write a discovery report for your organization to help determine staffing needs and requirements and evaluate its organizational structure.
Crystal Creek is comprised of the following departments:
- Clinical Staff (LPN, RN, LVN, Aides, PT)
- Activities Staff
- Marketing and Sales
- Medical Office
- Human Resources
For this project, you will be creating a discovery report for the leadership of Crystal Creek regarding the care facility’s organizational structure and its staffing needs and requirements. You must analyze and clearly explain your findings in a professional manner.
In your discovery report, you must do the following:
Determine the most effective organizational structure for long-term care facilities. Explain to leadership why this would be the best structure for Crystal Creek.
- Consider the importance of the various clinical and nonclinical roles that would be found at Crystal Creek.
- List and describe state-mandated required staff for a long-term care facility. In your description, identify whether each staff member is clinical or nonclinical, include a brief job description for each, and identify all licensing and legal requirements for each staff member.
- Describe the current trends in healthcare staffing for long-term care facilities.
Determine the appropriate nursing staff requirements, including licensing and legal requirements, to adequately care for Crystal Creek’s resident patients.
- Assume that Crystal Creek has 30 residents at any given time.
- Assume that the nurses are working 12-hour shifts.
- Note that regulations will vary from state to state. For the purposes of this project, assume that Crystal Creek is located in Colorado in the United States. You can access information regarding Colorado’s staff licensing and legal requirements in the Supporting Materials section.
- To wrap up your report, provide a brief analysis of how staffing needs are determined for long-term care facilities. This should be an analysis of the overall process. Use what you have learned in the prior components of the discovery report.
What to Submit
Every project has a deliverable or deliverables, which are the files that must be submitted before your project can be assessed. For this project, you must submit the following:
Discovery ReportWrite a 1,250- to 1,750-word discovery report to determine the future staffing needs of the Crystal Creek long-term care facility. Analyze current industry practices and trends to help best determine the most effective organizational structure and future staffing needs for the facility. Your discovery report should be a professional document, with citations as needed.