Imagine this scenario:
You applied for an internship with your local senator and there are many other people competing for the position. To select the best person for the job, the senator wants to determine what each intern applicant knows about the U.S. electoral system.
Create a 7- to 10-slide presentation to illustrate your knowledge of the U.S. electorate, campaigns, and political parties. You can Include photos, illustrations, videos, or audio clips, as appropriate.
In your presentation:
- Explain the purpose and functions of the United States’ political parties.
- Describe the ways U.S. citizens can participate in the campaign and election process.
- Explain the functions and purpose of caucuses and primary elections in political campaigns, particularly in the presidential election process.
- Explain the role the national political party conventions play in the presidential election process.
- Explain the presidential general election campaign process and the important factors and events that influence it.