Criminology is the scientific study of crime, which is the basis of this course. Unit 1 covers the history of crime, criminological research, and policies, and it examines several theories that seek to explain why someone commits a crime.
For this unit’s Individual Project, you will focus on types of crime, studies on crime, and theories of crime. Chapter 1 discusses different types of crime, as well as different types of studies, experimental and non-experimental. For this assignment, you will do the following:
Deliverable Length: 5–7 pages (not including the cover page and the resource page)VIEW DETAILSLAUNCHSUBMISSIONS
- Identify and explain 1 specific crime, such as homicide, domestic violence, vandalism, burglary, and so on.
Then, do the following:
- Identify 1 study for the crime you chose and analyze the findings from the study.
- Explain whether the study could be replicated in another area for the same results.
- Explain whether the study results could be generalized to the population.
- Choose 1 theory of crime that you believe could cause the crime and analyze how policymakers could use that information to reduce that specific criminal act or behavior.