Most, if not all, companies have a diversity policy pertaining to recruitment. Legal requirements also tend to dictate how an organization approaches diversity in recruitment.
In this module, use the online library resources and the Internet to conduct research on the use and effectiveness of diversity policies in organizational recruitment efforts. Choose a company from the Internet or use a company that you currently work with or have previously worked with and answer the following questions:
- How does the diversity policy address Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations?
- What other standards are used?
- What information is collected during the recruitment and application process to ensure compliance?
- How could the policy be improved?
- Did you read any information that surprised you? If so, what was it?