This s/b an easy one, due tomorow morning..
Case Study 2: External Intrusion of the PlayStation Network
On April 20, 2011, the Sony PlayStation Network was taken offline after an external intrusion was discovered. Further research this incident using quality and reputable resources.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Briefly summarize the details of the attack on the PlayStation Network, including the dates of when the attack started and was eventually uncovered.
- Indicate what explanation Sony officials gave for the length of time that had passed from the start of the attack to when the general public was made aware of the details.
- Analyze and explain what you believe the correct forensic investigative action would have been once the attack was uncovered.
- Explicate whether or not you believe the Sony forensic teams could have provided a quicker analysis of the situation and the damage incurred. Discuss why you believe this way and what you think is an appropriate amount of time after a breach before those affected are made aware.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Explicate
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.