Science in Latin means “to know,” and, in the case of current scientific approaches, it can be thought of as both process and content. Understanding science concepts is an important precursor to facilitating the instruction of science. As a teacher, it is important to learn methods and strategies to help facilitate investigation, exploration, and discovery of scientific concepts in your classroom.
Create a 10-15 slide digital presentation that can be used to mentor new teachers and/or to present to colleagues. Discuss inquiry-based learning and explore methods to facilitate investigation, exploration, and discovery of scientific concepts.
Include the following in the presentation:
- Overview of Pennsylvania science standards appropriate for pre-K and K-3, including a link to the online listing of standards for your state.
- Description of three basic scientific processes that would encourage early childhood students to understand, question. and analyze science content
- At least 2-3 developmentally appropriate instructional methods that can be used to engage all students in science instruction and activate prior knowledge
- Minimum of 2-3 developmentally appropriate instructional resources that can be used to engage all students in science instruction and activate prior knowledge
- Title slide, detailed presenter notes, and a reference slide
Use 3-5 scholarly sources and supporting details as needed and where appropriate.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines,