With a special focus on the three mainstream theoretical perspectives: realism, liberalism, and constructivism. Pay particular attention to the definition of each and avoid pairing them with domestic perceptions of conservatives, liberals, etc.For this assignment you will choose a world event from the list below. In a document, explain which states are involved, as well as any non-state actors, intergovernmental organizations, or non-governmental organizations ( states as well as non-state entities such as international non-governmental organizations (INGOs), multinational corporations, and intergovernmental organizations (IGOs). You can present these as a “cast of characters” if you wish. Also identify a few of the key individuals involved. Then lastly, and here’s the tricky part, decide which theory would best explain the event and explain your choice. Be sure to define the theory using our class sources. Your response should be 3 – 5 paragraphs.
- Russia’s invasion of the Ukraine/Crimea (2014)
- Terrorist attacks in France (November 2015)
- Russian hacking of US computers (indicate the specific event in your report)
- The 2018 Winter Olympics/North-South Korea relations in the 2018 Winter Olympics
- The Arab Spring
- The US-led invasion of Iraq
- The Paris Agreement/US withdrawal from the Paris Agreement
- The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (popularly known as the “Iran nuclear deal”)
There is no need to discuss politics in the essay, only the international relations theories. You may wish to search for background information on the topics. If you search for background information, make sure that the site or resource used is reputable (avoid Wikipedia).
Please be sure to put quotation marks around material copied word-for-word from another source and to cite the source. Also cite paraphrased information.