The Portfolio Paper
The portfolio paper covers the array of topics discussed and presented in the course. The paper will be evaluated using the Unit Assignments and Portfolio Paper rubric.
Theme: CORPORATE COMPLIANCE and MAINTAINING ETHICAL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
Prepare the portfolio paper using the following guidelines:
1 A minimum of 8 pages not to exceed 12, typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font, using APA standard.
2) Title page, including title of paper, your name, course name and course number, date of submission (page 1).
3) Read ‘United States v. Greber’ and ‘United States v. McClatchey’. Briefly (1 to 2 pages) summarize the facts of the cases. Then answer the following:
- How, if at all, can you distinguish ‘Greber’ from other instances of payments for professional services? What if the percentage Dr. Greber paid had not exceeded Medicare guidelines?
- Hospitals provide perks to physicians such as preferred parking, free meals, and discounted care for themselves and family. Comment on the legality of such practices. Where is the “line”? How much is too much? What is the intent of these practices?
4) Using online research, locate another case involving payment for referral and compare and contrast this third case with ‘Greber’ and ‘McClatchey’.
5) What effect, if any, do/did the health care reform laws of 2010 have on these issues?
6) Include, in your paper, a summary of your application of Paul Tillich’s theology regarding love, power and justice. Be sure to connect this with the theme of corporate compliance and maintaining ethical business relationships. Include in your paper anything else you think to be relevant.
7) A reference page–A minimum of 6 references are required, including the text, the Holy Bible, books and articles from academic sources (Net Library), and other periodicals.