Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: Expatriates
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
Imagine you are an HR manager, and you have been challenged with the
task of reducing expatriate turnover. Think of one or two (1-2)
strategies to accomplish this task, and write a one (1) page memo to
your boss summarizing your ideas. Persuade him that this is the
direction to go.
- Write a one to two (1 to 2) page memo in which you:
- Develop two (2) strategies that will help your company reduce expatriate turnover.
- Summarize both ideas in memo format to present to your boss.
- Create compelling arguments in favor of your solution to persuade your boss.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your
name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page is not included in the required page length.
- Use the APA format to reference your work, including in-text
references when necessary. See the APA Guide located in the Student
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze international business strategy to identify human resource
requirements and formulate supporting HRM plans that can improve
productivity and contribute to the firm’s competitiveness.
- Propose staffing alternatives for foreign operations and address the
considerations for the use of expatriates versus localization or
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in global HRM.
- Write clearly and concisely about global HRM using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.