Imagine you are a community health educator and you have been tasked with developing a presentation using an engaging educational resource to educate an audience on one type of diabetes.
Identify your audience. Examples include:
- Senior center
- Middle school
- A workplace
Create a 350- to 700-word educational resource as a way to share this information. Examples of educational resources include:
Type 1 Diabetes
Your educational resource should address the following questions:
- How does society view Type 1 diabetes (what society thinks it is versus what it actually is, common beliefs and practices)?
- What are some signs and symptoms?
- How can patients comply with treatment regimens?
- How can patients make the right decisions to live a healthy life?
- What is the impact of Type 1 diabetes on health care resources?
Consider the audience you are presenting to. You will need to craft your educational resource in an appropriate and understandable way for your identified audience.
Cite at least 2 reputable references used to complete your resource. Reputable references include trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, a textbook, or other sources of similar quality.
Format your references according to APA guidelines.