In a short essay (500-700 words), answer the Question at the end of
Case Study 1
Cite references to support your positions.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric.
You are required to submit this assignment to
1. Identification of anemia classification and rationale is offered in detail, while demonstrating evidence of deeper insight and/or reflection. 40%
2. Explanation of patient diagnosis uses outside sources and/or medical and nursing references to support conclusions and is offered in detail, while demonstrating evidence of deeper insight and/or reflection. 40%
3. Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive; contained within the thesis is the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear. 5%
4. There is a sophisticated construction of paragraphs and transitions. Ideas progress and relate to each other. Paragraph and transition construction guide the reader. Paragraph structure is seamless 5%
5. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. 5%
6. All format elements are correct. 2%
7. In-text citations and a reference page are complete. The documentation of cited sources is free of error. 3%
CASE STUDY IS ATTACHED
In a short essay (500-700 words), answer the Question at the end of Case Study 1. Cite references to support your positions.Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines. An abstract is not
Case Study 1 Case Study 1 Ms. A. is an apparently healthy 26-year-old white woman. Since the beginning of the current golf season, Ms. A has noted increased shortness of breath and low levels of energy and enthusiasm. These symptoms seem worse during her menses. Today, while playing in a golf tournament at a high, mountainous course, she became light-headed and was taken by her golfing partner to the emergency clinic. The attending physician’s notes indicated a temperature of 98 degrees F, an elevated heart rate and respiratory rate, and low blood pressure. Ms. A states, “Menorrhagia and dysmenorrheal have been a problem for 10-12 years, and I take 1,000 mg of aspirin every 3 to 4 hours for 6 days during menstruation.” During the summer months, while playing golf, she also takes aspirin to avoid “stiffness in my joints.” Laboratory values are as follows: Hemoglobin = 8 g/dl Hematocrit = 32% Erythrocyte count = 3.1 x 10/mm RBC smear showed microcytic and hypochromic cells Reticulocyte count = 1.5% Other laboratory values were within normal limits. Question Considering the circumstances and the preliminary workup, what type of anemia does Ms. A most likely have? In an essay of 500-750 words, explain your answer and include rationale. © 2013. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.