In this chapter you were introduced to four perspectives of personality. For this assignment, you are going to summarize these perspectives and think about which one best matches your own view of personality. Follow the Written Assignment Guidelines in this and all other assignments in this course.
1. Review the four perspectives on personality you learned in this chapter- psychodynamic, humanistic, trait, and social-cognitive.
2. For your assignment, briefly describe each of these perspectives on personality. You do not need to get into details (e.g. id, ego and superego in the psychodynamic approach), but instead explain the approach in general, emphasizing what makes that approach distinct from the others.
3. Then identify and explain which perspective(s) most aligns with your own approach to personality.
4. Post your assignment in the Chapter 14-Personality forum.
5. Read the assignments everyone else has posted, and comment if you wish. If you respond to someone else’s assignment, please make sure that your responses are respectful and contribute to a friendly and helpful learning environment. Read these General Discussion Ideas for ways to contribute to a helpful discussion.
These assignments will help you better understand or apply what you’ve studied for this week.
This assignment is worth 20 points toward your course grade and is due by 11:59 pm Sunday of Week 5. Late assignments will lost points. I will grade it on how well you explained the perspectives on personality, explained which view(s) exemplifies your own view of personality and its impact on patient care, and how well you followed the Written Assignment Guidelines.