Interprofessional Collaboration Nursing
Hire our professional essay experts at Gradehunters.net who are available online 24/7 for an essay paper written to a high standard at an affordable cost.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Draft a proposal of 4–5 pages for the development of an interprofessional team to address a problem in delivering safe, high-quality health care.
Read each portion of the assessment carefully and see if the suggested resources can help you complete it.
Effective interprofessional collaboration is an essential strategy for health care leaders in delivering safe, high-quality health care and reducing costs. The ability to establish effective professional relationships among internal and external resources is the foundation of collaboration (Lawson, 2004).
This assessment provides an opportunity to consider the practical value and implementation of a collaborative strategy in your professional practice or area of interest.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain the concepts, principles, and characteristics of effective health care leadership.
- Analyze the factors contributing to a problematic health care issue.
- Competency 2: Explain the role of health care leaders in facilitating interprofessional collaboration.
- Explain the need for interprofessional collaboration to improve the quality and safety of health care in specific instances.
- Assess the effectiveness of a particular leadership approach in building and maintaining interprofessional collaborative relationships.
- Develop a collaborative plan for improving the quality and safety of health care in specific instances.
- Determine the leader’s role in implementing collaborative health care improvement projects.
- Competency 4: Determine the influence of the practitioner-scholar role on professional practice and leadership development.
- Determine how the scholar-practitioner model might be applied in resolving a particular health care issue.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences, in an appropriate form and style, consistent with applicable organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
- Develop a strategy for communicating the progress of interprofessional teams to organizational leaders.
- Write coherently to support a central idea, using correct grammar, mechanics, and APA formatting.
Health care leaders often find that resolving a problem in delivering safe, high-quality health care requires the combined effort of a number of agencies, departments, and individuals.For this assessment, identify a quality-related situation or problem, relevant to your professional practice or area of interest, that requires the collaborative effort of several departments and individuals to resolve. You will assume the role of team leader and draft a proposal for the organization’s executive leadership that outlines why this interprofessional team is necessary, who should take part in the collaboration, how the team will function, and how progress will be reported.A project proposal should identify the situation or problem, identify the causes or contributing factors, present a plan of action, provide details about the plan, and provide reasons why the plan should be undertaken.Note: Remember, you can submit all, or a portion, of your draft to Smarthinking for feedback, before you submit the final version of your proposal for this assessment. However, be mindful of the turnaround time for receiving feedback, if you plan on using this free service.
Write a proposal for assembling an interprofessional team. As you begin drafting your proposal, consider your goal and the needs of the leaders whose decisions will be based on the information you provide.Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Interprofessional Collaboration scoring guide. At a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed. You are provided an example proposal, to illustrate what proficient-level work for this assessment looks like.
Proposal Format and APA Style
- Use the simplified Project Proposal Template, linked in the Resources, to draft your proposal. You may organize the content of your proposal in a format used in your organization. An abstract is not required.
- Your proposal should be 4–5 double-spaced pages in length, not including the title page and reference page.
- Apply correct APA formatting to all in-text citations and references.
- Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Be concise, but thorough. Your readers need sufficient and accurate information on which to base their decisions, and do not have time to sift through information that is not pertinent.
- Express your main points, arguments, and conclusions coherently.
- Use correct grammar and mechanics.
- Be sure to support your claims, arguments, and conclusions with credible evidence from 3–5 current, scholarly or professional sources.
- Proofread your writing.
- Analyze the factors that have contributed to the problem. ( Hint: Examine the reasons for ineffective communication, not just the communication itself. Reasons may include staff burnout, workload, staffing shortfalls, attitudes, assumptions, and so on.)
- Consider whether certain combinations of factors might be contributing to the problem.
- Explain why an interprofessional team is needed to address the problem and achieve expected project outcomes.
- Determine who should be on the team. Identify the disciplines or areas team members should come from and any specific job titles prospective team members should hold.
- Describe the knowledge and expertise each discipline has to offer in resolving the situation. In addition, consider the level of creativity and problem-solving skills that are needed.
- Assess the effectiveness of a particular leadership approach in building and maintaining interprofessional collaborative relationships. Consider how effective that approach is in:
- Encouraging participation by all team members.
- Engaging reluctant or resistant team members.
- Maintaining a respectful platform for members to voice their ideas.
- Develop a strategy for communicating progress by the team to executive leadership.
- Determine which approach to communicating with leaders will be most effective and efficient.
- Determine whether you will have regular meetings and generate status reports.
- Develop a collaborative plan for resolving the problem.
- Identify the ethical or political issues that are relevant factors in your proposed solution.
- Identify the social, cultural, or economic factors that are relevant to your proposed solution.
- Explain how you would address the ethical, political, social, cultural, or economic factors you have identified as relevant to your plan.
- Describe your role as a leader in implementing the proposed solution.
- Determine how the scholar-practitioner model might be applied in resolving the problem.
- Consider how theory, research, and the published work in the field, in conjunction with your own experience and professional knowledge, might be used to develop strategies to analyze and resolve the problem.
Everyone needs a little help with academic work from time to time. Hire the best essay writing professionals working for us today!
Get a 15% discount for your first order
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper