ITS IMPORTAT TO MEET THE COMPETENCES. THATS HOW I GET EVALUATED.
Create an 8–10-slide mobilization plan PowerPoint presentation (with detailed speaker’s notes) for a mobilization plan by your health care organization to commit 20 nurses to participate in a 4-month-long multinational effort to treat patients exposed to a highly contagious virus in a hot zone in Africa.
Nursing leaders must incorporate approaches that are inclusive and respectful of all stakeholders in the health care workforce, patient population, and the larger community that is served by the organization. Communication among members of teams, between departments and service lines, within large networks, with strategic business partners, and with patients, families, or support persons requires awareness of various facets of effective communication and cultural competence.
A mobilization plan for an international medical mission requires careful planning of organizational structure roles, power distribution, and team member empowerment.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
(IMPORTANT) Competency 1: Identify nursing leadership priorities, using a systems perspective.
- -Apply systems thinking to determine a) the impact of the mobilization effort on hospital staffing and b) the actions needed to assure safe, quality care for the mission patients and personnel.
(IMPORTANT) Competency 2: Apply systems theory and systems thinking to facilitate health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- -Identify the major stakeholders within the health care system that would be affected by the mobilization plan.
(IMPORTANT) Competency 3: Analyze the role of multiculturalism and diversity in organizational and systems structure and leadership.
- -Examine potential multicultural and diversity issues that mission personnel may encounter.
(IMPORTANT) Competency 4: Evaluate how power relates to health care organizational structure, behavior, and leadership.
- -Describe the medical mission team’s organizational structure and assess how this structure empowers team members.
(IMPORTANT) Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with the expectations of a nursing professional.
- Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and current APA style.
Use the Capella library and the Internet to help you complete this assessment. For help using PowerPoint, refer to the Microsoft Tutorials and other resources located in the Suggested Resources and left navigation menu of the courseroom.
This assessment is based upon the scenario below. The scenario is very limited in detail; where more detail is needed, incorporate any assumptions you make to flesh out the scenario. It is intended to assess your ability to communicate your approach to a challenge by evaluating issues of organization, leadership, safety, quality improvement, multiculturalism and diversity.
Your approach should be very conceptual and high-level.
Your health care organization has recently committed 20 nurses to participate in a 4-month-long multinational effort to treat patients exposed to a highly contagious virus in a “hot zone” in Africa. The director of your organization has asked you, because of your previous medical mission experience, to outline nursing-related plans for preparing for the mobilization and present this information at an upcoming staff meeting.
Deliverable: Mobilization Plan PowerPoint Presentation
Create an 8–10-slide PowerPoint presentation (with detailed speaker’s notes) of your mobilization plan. It should be targeted toward members of the hospital’s administrative staff, nurses, and the physicians who will also participate in this medical mission.
- Use bullet points and phrases on the slides.
- The narrative, or explanation for each slide, should be in the speaker’s notes section.
The mobilization plan should address the following:
- Identify the major stakeholders within the health care system that would be affected by the mobilization plan.
- Analyze how the mobilization effort will impact staffing patterns and nursing care at the hospital.
Describe the medical mission team’s organizational structure of the mission team and how power is distributed.
Include one slide of an organizational diagram for the mission.
- Describe the roles (in the speaker’s notes).
- Include one slide of an organizational diagram for the mission.
Assess how the organizational structure empowers team members.
- Provide 1–2 examples of how team members will have power.
- Identify key actions needed to assure quality of care and safety for mission patients and personnel.
Evaluate potential power issues that may arise when dealing with a multinational contingent.
- (Be generic; that is, do not address individual nationalities, races, et cetera.)
- Consider interactions with health care personnel from other countries.
Examine potential multicultural and diversity issues that mission personnel may encounter.
- Consider that the indigenous population may be hostile to treatment.
- Outline possible training requirements to improve cultural competencies of the personnel.
: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
: Presentation should be 8–10 slides. Include speaker’s notes on each content slide.
: Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed resources on the final slide (in APA format).
: Choose an appropriate theme if using a template.