Researchers have raised questions about the quality of legal representation provided to the poor. They also have suggested that racial minorities, who are more likely than whites to be poor, are particularly disadvantaged. Discuss the following questions:
- Is this necessarily the case?
- Are racial minorities represented by public defenders or assigned counsel treated more harshly than those represented by private attorneys?
- If you were an African American, Hispanic, or Native American defendant and could choose whether to be represented by a public defender or a private attorney, which would you choose? Why?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length, not including cover and reference pages
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
- Cite a minimum of two academic peer reviewed scholarly sources to support your responses in addition to your textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these sources.
- Playgirism should not exceed 10%
- Do not title any paragraphs