Assignment 2: The Scott Peterson Case
You are required to research the Scott Peterson case and
prepare a summary report of the events that led to his arrest and
eventual conviction of the crimes. There was no direct evidence that
lead to his convictions for first and second-degree murder. This case is
a California State case, where for the first time, someone is on death
row based solely on circumstantial evidence. Scott Peterson is currently
on the death row for the killing of his wife and unborn child.
This assignment allows you to see a case all the way from the trial to the sentencing of an accused.
- Research the Argosy University Online
Library to get the background facts of the case and document the sources
you find to establish your researched facts.
- Provide enough background facts that
explain what occurred in this case and how Peterson was charged and
ultimately convicted. Make sure you choose wisely and present only
relevant evidence leading to the conviction.
- Present a minimum of five items of evidence that the jury relied upon in reaching this decision.
- Provide a summary of the events that
led to Peterson’s arrest and eventual convictions of the crimes. Then,
describe in detail the crimes and elements for which he was found
- In the Argosy University Online Library, locate one or two articles
from criminal justice journals, related to this case. Use the
information to discuss the crimes charged in the Scott Peterson case.
Compile your summary report, including all information
researched, and prepare a submission paper in accordance with the
- This paper is to be in the APA format, with a cover sheet and a reference page at the end.
- The length of the paper is to be a
minimum of three pages and no more than five pages. This length does not
include your cover sheet or reference page.