Medical Billcoding II 8
. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be three (3) to six (6) pages in length; refer to the “Assignment Format” page for specific format requirements.
This written assignment has two parts and requires outside research. In Assignment 4, you were charged with selecting two certifications from either AAPC or AHIMA.
Part I Building from Assignment 4, for part I of Assignment 8 you will need to develop a strategic study plan to prepare for both certifications selected. When crafting a plan, please include the following information.
- The amount of time needed to study
- What information should be included to study
- How you will leverage information learned from class to prepare for both certifications
Part II For part II of the written assignment, explain why the following course objectives are important to the medical coder and biller:
- Identify and explain the different sections of the CPT coding manual and demonstrate steps to accurate procedural coding.
- Recognize the need for HCPCS coding and when to report HCPCS codes.
- Identify and explain the purpose of a coding audit and know how to implement a coding audit.
- Explain the purpose and process of electronic medical claims processing.
Please include at least 3 scholarly articles within your response. Overall response will be formatted according to APA style and the total assignment should be between 3-6 pages not including title page and reference page.