will be able to identify techniques for connecting students’ personal
experiences and past learning to lesson concepts, and build background knowledge.Preparation:
for the module by doing the following:
Read: Chapter 3 Building Background from the SIOP text
SIOP videos in PDToolkit for SIOP
- Forum and Activities Question 1- Module 5 Forum
Reflecting on your ability to identify techniques for
connecting students’ personal experiences and past learning, emphasize and
share a technique you have used (or soon to try) that emphasizes on key
- Question 2-Module_5_Activities_Final.doc
- Question 3- Module 5. Exit Ticket
Complete the exit ticket to demonstrate you’ve met the
objective(s) of the module.
Complete the following items.
1. Look at the objective for this session module. In 3-5
sentences demonstrate that you met the objective.
2. In 3-5 sentences explain one takeaway from the reading(s)
done for this module. What did you learn from the reading(s) with regard to
3. In 3-5 sentences explain one takeaway from the activities
done in this module. What did you learn from the activities with regard to
4. In 3-5 sentences, explain your thoughts on the videos or
power points in this module. What connections did you make with prior knowledge
and experiences while watching the videos or power points?