Not only do various societies have differing perspectives on health and healing, but they also vary extensively in their views on medicine, physicians, healthcare, and treatment options. In this assignment, you will explore the role that health and medicine play within your own family, and by extension, your cultural norms.
Discuss the following:
- What role does medicine play in your family and for you as an individual?
- What steps do you take to treat yourself when you are sick?
- What do you do for a cold or for a headache?
- If you take medicine, do you know what is in the medicine you take?
- How do you feel about the nature of your culture’s healthcare overall?
- Consider the theoretical approaches to understanding health. Which of these theoretical approaches do you think your responses would fall under?
Support your statements with examples and scholarly references where applicable.
Write your initial response in 1–2 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.