Option #2: QuickBooks Report
Review QuickBooks 2017 using the Lynda.com tutorial videos in the Module 8 Materials folder and research on how companies are using the software. Develop a report that includes the following sections: (Use the required sections as headers in your report.)
Section I: Overview
Provide a general overview of QuickBooks. Make sure the overview provides the reader with a general understanding of the application, including costs, functionality and minimum system requirements.
Section II: Transactional Processing and Data Management
Describe how QuickBooks handles processing the accounting transactions and recording business activities for the revenue, expenditure and financing cycles. You should provide at least one detailed example of how one would record a specific accounting transaction/ business activity for each of the three transaction cycles below. Address the following questions in this section of the report.
- Revenue Cycle (Answer the following questions)
- How can you create and maintain customers?
- How can you create customer invoices?
- How can you apply customer payments?
- What reports can you run to provide you with information regarding your customers and their orders? Describe them.
- What reports can you run in order to provide you with information regarding key revenue cycle information – sales, accounts receivable, cash?
Expenditure Cycle (Answer the following questions)
- How can you create and maintain vendors?
- How can you create and maintain inventory?
- How can you generate payments to vendors?
- What reports can you run to provide you with information regarding your vendors and your accounts payable? Describe them.
- What reports can you run in order to provide you with information regarding key expenditure cycle information – purchases, inventory, and cash?
Financing Cycle (Answer the following questions)
- How can you create and maintain the chart of accounts?
- How can you post journal entries?
- What are the key financial statements that are available? Describe them.
- What are some key reports one can generate to measure the firm’s financial performance?
Section III: Internal Controls
- How can QuickBooks enhance internal controls?
- How can you secure the system and files?
- What potential security weaknesses exist for QuickBooks?
Section IV: Charts and Graphs
- How are visualizations formatted and used?
- What charts are available and how are charts created?
- What is a data diagram in QuickBooks?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Eight to ten pages (2000-2500 words) in length (not including title and reference pages)
- Formatted according to APA guidelines as explained in the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA(subheadings, 1“ margins, and double spacing)
- Supported by five credible, academic sources in addition to the textbook. Academic sources should be located using the CSU-Global library. All paraphrased and quoted material must be properly cited per APA guidelines; only cited sources should be listed on the reference page.
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing, which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Scholarly sources should be cited and integrated to bolster your own assertions and to supplement your ideas.