As you learn more about the health care industry, you will find that it is a highly collaborative environment. All systems within health care must collaborate and communicate effectively to serve their consumers.
a 350- to 525-word paper that discusses the principles of communication presented in the scenario, and in which you:
- Describe verbal and nonverbal cues from the scenario.
- Speculate as to how well this group will collaborate based on the description of each group member.
- Explain how verbal and nonverbal communication can be perceived as defensive.
- How can this affect relationships in the work place?
the Grammar Checking Tools in the Center for Writing Excellence to ensure proper grammar in your assignment.
at least 1 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar reference.
your assignment according to APA guidelines.
A group of colleagues is meeting to discuss how to market a health care product. Prior to the in-person meeting, several ideas were developed and shared via email with the group. The group was asked to review the ideas and bring their thoughts and feedback to the meeting.
The email sent out to the group is provided below:
As you know, we are in the final stages of launching a new product. We are now seeking ways to market the product to the public. I have received a few ideas and wanted to share them with the group prior to our face-to-face meeting.
· Ice cream social to familiarize the product with staff and internal partners
· Short video describing the product and how the public should use it
· Social media campaign to increase knowledge of the product
· Commercial introducing the product
· Sharing information about the product via word of mouth
As you can see, we have some good ideas to kick off our meeting, but we need to develop a great marketing plan. Please come prepared to discuss these and any additional ideas you may have. Looking forward to our meeting.
A week later, the group meets to discuss their ideas and feedback. The group consists of the following people:
· Gail is the meeting organizer and the group lead on the project. She is very detail-oriented as well as focused and communicates effectively.
· Larry is the least attentive of the group and less vocal. He wants to get the work done with minimal discussion.
· Robert is very opinionated but has trouble communicating effectively and uses body language quite often.
· Melissa is quiet, shy, and has amazing ideas but often has difficulty expressing herself.
As the meeting drew to a close, it was clear that the members still did not agree on the marketing plan addressed. Robert in particular was frustrated by the end of the meeting and told the group that they can just work it out on their own. The group leader asked that the other members create their own marketing plan to bring back to the group at a later date.
a 350- to 525-word paper that discusses important collaborative skills and the significance of effective communication when working in groups, and in which you:
- Describe collaborative skills you would use to create a more positive atmosphere.
- Explain the importance of effective communication and the drawbacks of ineffective communication used in this scenario.
- Consider the email and face-to-face meeting.
- Explain the role active listening could have played in this scenario.