Part I Questions *Complete this after reviewing the material posted for Part II, Chs 4 & 5*
Instructions are VERY IMPORTANT
Answer the following questions in this Word document and submit it on Blackboard as a Word file (e.g., .doc, .docx) using the link in the Assignments Tab. This will avoid formatting complications and allow me to track changes when providing feedback.
You must ONLY use the required readings. Outside sources are not permitted. You must also use in-text citations for each answer, providing the authors (Gebo and Boyes-Watson), year of publication (2023), and pages you used within your answer for corresponding paraphrased text. If you have an ebook, provide the subsection of the chapter as opposed to page numbers.
Provide in-text citations in parentheses after the corresponding sentence. Example: Paraphrased statement (Gebo and Boyes-Watson, 2023, pp. 211-214 OR Gebo and Boyes-Watson, 2023, Chapter 4, subsection)
**Including in-text citations does not mean you have to quote the text. In fact, you should not be quoting any text but rather paraphrasing it and then stating where the information you provided was taken from. I will not accept answers that are not cited at all or contain incomplete citations.**
Your citation does not count toward the minimum word requirement.
- Discuss the three methods for measuring delinquency and crime. What are their limitations? (Ch. 4) (Minimum 120 words, 1pt)
2. Pick one of the adverse childhood events described in this chapter and explain its relationship to delinquency. (Ch. 4) (Minimum 120 words, 1pt)
3. How has technology added another dimension to delinquency and victimization? Provide specific examples. (Ch. 4) (Minimum 120 words, 1pt)
4. There are multiple theories to explain delinquency. Pick the one you find to explain it best and defend your answer. (Ch. 5) (Minimum 120 words, 1pt)
5. Compare and contrast the person-centered theories and the society-centered theories. (Ch. 5) (Minimum 120 words, 1pt)
6. Discuss the differences between life course theories and latent trait theories. How do both theories explain delinquency? (Ch. 5) (Minimum 120 words, 1pt)