My Personal Classroom Management Plan
For this benchmark assignment, you will assemble your personal, comprehensive classroom management plan for the students in the “Class Profile.”
Your classroom management plan should consist of the following sections:
- Professionalism – In 300 words, analyze how your professional decisions and actions affect students, families, and other professionals in the learning community. Include examples of professional interactions with various stakeholders including students, parents, co-workers, and administrators.
- Student Engagement Strategies – In 300 words, summarize three strategies that foster active engagement and create supportive learning environments. Include how these strategies meet, or can be differentiated to meet, the various needs presented in the “Class Profile.”
- My Philosophy of Classroom Management – Write a 160- word description of the culture you will promote in your classroom applying age-appropriate theories of motivation and behavior among elementary students to create learning environments that support individual students’ development, acquisition of knowledge, and motivation.
- Classroom Procedures –Include five procedures from the “Classroom Procedures” assignment (one of which must address digital citizenship) and indicate how you will systematically teach classroom routines consistent with principles of effective classroom management and human motivation and behavior. Include a 210- word rationale that explains how the procedures will help create opportunities for students’ active engagement in learning, self-motivation, positive social interaction, and supportive learning environments.
- Rules, Consequences, and Reward System – List and explain your classroom rules. Include a 210 word rationale that explains how the system will help create opportunities for students’ active engagement in learning, self-motivation, positive social interaction, and supportive learning environments.
- Communication with Parents/Guardians – Identify three ways you will communicate with parents to establish and maintain a positive collaborative relationship that promotes the intellectual, social, emotional, physical growth, and well-being of students. Include a 160- word rationale for each of the three forms of communication.