The assignment is the second part of your Part 1 assignment which was due in Week 2. Reviewed the Procon.org Website in order to gather information. * Remember that in the Week 2 Discussion for the class, you examined the biases discussed in Chapter 2 of the Webtext.
Write at three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. State your position on the topic you selected for Assignment 1.1 and explain your position.
2. Identify (3) three premises (reasons) from the Procon.org website thatSUPPORT and reinforce your position and explain why you selected these specific reasons.
3. Explain your answers to the “believing” questions about the three (3) premisesOPPOSING your position from your Part 1 assignment. Have you changed your mind on this issue – why or why not?
4. Examine at least two (2) types of biases, from the Webtext Chapter 2 reading, that you likely experienced as you evaluated the premises for and against your position. Identify and explain the biases.
5. Discuss the effects of your own enculturation or group identification, per the Webtext Chapter 2 reading, that may have influenced your biases and explain.
6. Discuss whether or not your thinking about the topic has changed at all, even if your position on the issue has stayed the same.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details. Failure to follow SWS equals -10 points.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Identify the informal fallacies, assumptions, and biases involved in manipulative appeals and abuses of language.
Create written work utilizing the concepts of critical thinking.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in critical thinking skills and informal logic.
My Part 1 is attached.