Project Part Three: Methodology Theoretical/Thematic StudyFor a theoretical/thematic study, part Three includes: Overview and Re-statement of the Problem The student will provide a brief overview of t
Hire our professional essay experts at Gradehunters.net who are available online 24/7 for an essay paper written to a high standard at an affordable cost.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Project Part Three: Methodology Theoretical/Thematic Study
For a theoretical/thematic study, part Three includes:
- Overview and Re-statement of the Problem The student will provide a brief overview of the study and restatement of the problem at the beginning of this project. The research questions are repeated and the applicable group and key areas the research will be identified.
- Research Method-A brief discussion of the underlying philosophical assumptions of theoretical/thematic studies and why a theoretical/thematic literature review is the appropriate method of study to answer the research questions is provided. A well-reasoned articulation of how theoretical/thematic studies are legitimate alternative research procedures in psychology is provided. Use at least two peer-reviewed sources to ground your discussion.
- Target Participants-Provide a description of the group overall and select criteria relevant to the study.
- Data Collection-The candidate explains how the literature presented in part 2 along with additional literature will be selected in support of the research questions. Key word choices and relationships will be identified which articulate the specific selection of the literature and databases.
- Data Analysis-The student explains how the key points and observations of the study are distilled, broken down, and thoroughly examined. This will provide a discussion for the required analysis supporting each research question and will describe the approach which will be used to guide the analysis using a methods book.
Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Studies
For a qualitative study or quantitative study, part Three includes:
An introduction which encompasses the re-statement of the problem and the research questions. Include the hypotheses in the introduction of a quantitative study.
Research Method-A statement of either qualitative or quantitative methodology should follow. Include a discussion of how the research design whether phenomenological, narrative, case studies, correlational, descriptive, causal-comparative, or quasi-experimental is the legitimate, appropriate
research design. Use at least two peer-reviewed sources to ground your discussion.
- ????The student will describe the location of the participants; discuss the criteria for selecting those participants (i.e., what characteristics do they possess that make them suitable for the area of investigation) and the process by which they were selected (such as random sampling, snowball, etc.); provide the number of participants in the study, including any important distinctions existing between them (e.g., gender or ethnicity).
- Instrumentation???? Provide a description of the instruments or protocols that will be used surveys, interviews, observations, or artifacts. Include all instrumentation as an appendix. Describe in detail the instruments to be used in the study. All questions or criteria should be clearly linked to the literature presented in part two.
- Data Collection????The student will provide a concise but thorough description of the steps used to collect data from the participants. Describe any recruitment processes and/or communication; describe the informed consent process; and note the data collection schedule. If interviews are conducted indicate the length, the number, where conducted, and stipulate they will be recorded. For surveys describe the procedures for how they will be distributed and collected. Include all other procedures and processes needed to replicate the study. If artifacts are used, describe the process by which the data will be procured, selected, and utilized. For any other methods of data collection provide a complete description of all processes.
- Data Analysis-The student describes the analysis of the data that was performed as well as the specific steps taken. It is important to reference a research methods book to detail this process. Researcher bias, validity, reliability and other research factors should be addressed as appropriate.
Everyone needs a little help with academic work from time to time. Hire the best essay writing professionals working for us today!
Get a 15% discount for your first order
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper