Rapid Review 2
Select a psychoactive drug that is of pharmacological interest to
you, but not one you will review as part of your Critical Review or one
that was included in your previous Rapid Review. For this paper, you may
choose drugs of abuse; however, the paper must focus on the
pharmacology of the drug and not on the social or addictive aspects. If
you focus on addiction and social impact, your paper will not receive
In addition to the text, research a minimum of three peer-reviewed
articles published within the last five years on your selected drug.
Prepare a three-page summary of the drug using the PSY630 Rapid Review Example paper (Links to an external site.) as a guide.
In your Rapid Review, analyze and explain the pharmacological aspects
of the drug as they relate to the following: neurotransmitters
affected, receptors, route of administration, half-life, doses, side
effects, drug interactions, contraindications, and other important
facets of the drug. Explain these aspects of the drug in terms of the
psychiatric disorders indicated for the drug and the issue(s) associated
with that use. If there is no accepted therapeutic use for the drug,
evaluate and describe the actions of the drug with regard to the abuse
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length, excluding title
page and references page, and it must be formatted according to APA
style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Your name
- Course name and number
- Your instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must use at least three peer-reviewed sources in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.