For this assignment, you will choose one of two options. The purpose of this assignment is to further your understanding of middle childhood development.
Respond to either option A or B.
A) As you read in this module, self-efficacy is extremely important during this developmental stage. The text states, “Thekeytoself-esteem,then,istheamountofdiscrepancybetweenwhatthechilddesiresandwhathethinkshehasachieved”(p.245). Relatethis information to your own experience as a child (ages 6 through 12).
· How did your family influence your self-efficacy during this time of your development and how did it specifically fit or not fit the theories we covered??
· How did your peers influence your self-efficacy during this time of your development and how did it specifically fit or not fit the theories we covered?
Remember, you need to explain your own personal development through the various theories we covered during this module.
B) Watch the documentary,
Growing Up with Gadgets
in its entirety, and then answer the following questions in your essay:
· How might technology, including social media, impact the social development of children and tweens?
· What might this impact look like in some of the various theories we have studied so far?
· What are the potential positive and negative developmental consequences of this type of technology for the various theories we have studied so far?
· Discuss the implications of online bullying, including how this specific form of bullying impacts tween development in ways not known to previous generations.
· What can we do as a society to prevent online bullying?
· Essay is 1,000 or more words in length
· Uses three academic sources, two of which are from academic, peer-reviewed journals
· Uses correct APA in-text citations throughout and includes an APA reference page