The Stanford Prison Experiment
On the basis of your research on the Stanford Prison Experiment, share your response to the following questions:
- What is the Stanford Prison Experiment? Describe it.
- Would you expect such an experiment to be allowed to proceed today? Why or why not?
- How would you proceed, if you were to create an experiment that seeks to test the same hypothesis as for the Stanford Prison Experiment?
- What changes would you make in order to protect the safety of the participants?
- Were the researchers able to learn anything despite being forced to abandon the experiment early?
- Do you agree that there were ethical problems with the study or are critics making too much of it? Analyze the situation and support it with rationale.