Don’t let this be the only place you look! Venture to YouTube or the Science channel’s show “Outrageous Acts of Science.” If you have wanted to put a Mentos in a bottle of Diet Coke – this is the time! If you want an excuse to go camping or hiking, star gazing or doing a geological study might just be the way to go. You could even make up one of your own! Include your family, your friends, your pets! Have fun!
- Describe the purpose and hypothesis of the experiment. (What are you trying to prove or see?)
- List/show the materials used.
- Describe the procedure. (Describe the steps of the experiment and what you did so that a classmate could replicate if they wanted.)
- Describe and display the results. (What happened? Hint: Some of the data may be easier to show in charts or with graphics.)
- Answer the following explanatory and interpretative questions:
- Why do you think you achieved the results that you did?
- Did anything unexpected happen?
- Do the data/results support the hypothesis? Why? (Show using specific references to the data.)