Full instructions attached
Water Analysis Report
Download and complete the Water Analysis Report. First, finish filling in the table that already contains the data from the DOWSE team in South America.
Next, complete the Written Explanation section. In this section, address the following:
- Identify how the scientists in South America determined their hypothesis.
- Consider how the contaminated water impacted the surrounding environment and the people who live nearby.
- Describe the scientific testing performed and the results the team found.
- What were some of the testing procedures they used?
- Describe the different types of data collected, and include their units of measurement, where applicable.
- At what measurement is pH considered acceptable? What is the level of pH at the contaminated site?
- At what NTU level is water considered acceptable? How many NTUs are being measured at the contaminated site?
- What color is the water at the contaminated site?
- Determine whether the scientific data collected supports or refutes the hypothesis. Consider the following:
- How can low water pH cause problems for local people and wildlife?
- What do you think is the cause of the higher-than-normal turbidity?
- What does the color of the water tell you, and why is that important?
- Do you think DOWSE’s hypothesis is right? Why or why not?
- Identify a possible solution for the water problem in this location in South America, based on scientific methods and the provided data.
- Is there anything in the nearby area that could be degrading the water quality?