Choose one news article or video clip that deals with an issue of diversity. Examples: race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or social class.
Please use only reputable news sources. (No Wikipedia, National Enquirer, Encyclopedias, etc).
- Write a brief summary of the news article or program chosen and its relevance to the course.
- Discuss how dominant and minority groups are portrayed.
- Apply one of the theories covered in the course to the content of your news article or program.
- Discuss Merton’s categories of prejudice and discrimination (from Unit 3) OR the patterns of racial and ethnic group relations (assimilation, pluralism, separatism, and revolution).
- 3-4 pages (not counting title and reference page)
- Separate title page
- Separate reference page
- Citations in the body of your paper to correspond with the full references on the reference page
- APA format
***Must not be plagiarism. Will be using turn-in to ensure no copying of other work.