Case study analyses are an excellent way to see how business management practices play out in the real world. This case is focused on a marketing issue – digital tools. While cases such as this provide a self- contained set of information to work with but since it is contemporary and about a real company, you can bring in new and relevant information and conduct your own research. Well-written cases provide detailed examinations of the problems/opportunities a business faces, the actions it takes to address these, and the outcomes that resulted. Whether these outcomes were positive, negative or mixed, there is much to be learned from a careful reading of cases.
This is an excellent case on a well-known (and much-admired) company – Starbucks. In 2015, Starbucks Corporation received 20% of its payments in the U.S. via its mobile app. It also discovered that 94% of Facebook users were fans of Starbucks or friends with fans. This case study explores Starbucks’ use of its mobile app, social media, and digital marketing, which helped to drive customer loyalty and increase its customer base, stock price, and revenues.
For this assignment, you will apply the key concepts from our course to evaluate the use of digital marketing technology, and recommend strategies to drive customer loyalty and increase customer base.
1. Read the “Starbucks’ Loyalty Reigns” case.
2. Write a paper that addresses the following:
a. Introduction (suggested length: 1- 2 paragraphs)
• Give a brief summary explaining what is happening in this case.
• What is the problem/opportunity facing Starbucks?
• What actions were being considered to address the problem/opportunity?
b. Analysis (suggested length: 1- 2 pages)
• According to the case, what types of digital marketing tools and social media platform technologies does Starbucks currently use?
• How has the use of these digital marketing tools and social media platforms led to customer loyalty and increased growth?
• Has Starbucks used the correct digital marketing tools and social media platforms?
c. Recommendations (suggested length: 1- 2 pages)
• How would you drive customer loyalty and increase customer base using the digital marketing tools and social media platforms differently?
For example, if your research and analysis shows that the company would benefit from using specific mobile apps other than its own or a social media platform it is not currently using, explain why these digital marketing tools would be beneficial.
Note: You should also view the company’s website and recent SEC filings to help inform your recommendations.
Professional Formatting Requirements
• Typed, double-spaced, professional font (size 10-12), includes headings and subheadings (to identify main topics and subtopics), with one-inch margins on all sides. See the Sample Professional Paper on blackboard and also the grading criteria.
• References must be included and provide appropriate information that enables the reader to locate the original source. Application and analysis of course materials and resources is expected, and additional research is encouraged and welcome.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name), the professor’s name, the
course title, and the date.
• Your submission should be 4 to 5 pages in length. Your paper may exceed 5 pages if you have relevant additional material that you feel should be included. However, excessively long or redundant submissions may actually reduce your grade. Remember, effective business communication is focused and efficient. This extra material may be included in the appendix. ALSO REFER TO THE SYLLABUS. Use these guidelines and the Sample as your primary.
See the GRADING CRITERIA
and also attach a sample of the case solution ( DO NOT COPY)